Senior Server Engineer | GMSS | July 2015 - Present
- Designing and implementing the new Server 2012R2 Hyper V solution to GP practices across Greater Manchester. This includes creating, testing and documenting the solution. Creating custom Visual Studio applications to standardize the rollout. Migrating domains from a current local domain to the Greater Manchester enterprise or to a new local domain. Migrating all software used by the practices including EMIS, Docman and Lexacom.
Technical Project Lead Engineer | GMSS | September 2014 – June 2015
- Assisting the Technical Deployment Manager with the XP to Windows 7 migration project for 7500 PC’s across Greater Manchester NHS. Duties included Group Policy creation and testing, documenting processes for project engineers, team leading and technical project planning.
Senior Deployment Engineer | GMSS | September 2013 – September 2014
- Rolling out the VMWare ESXI Server 2008 solution to central Manchester GP practices and migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7. For this project I created a custom Visual Studio application which used the Microsoft USMT tool to standardize the migration of accounts from XP to Windows 7 and transferring data from the old domain to new.
Senior Network Consultant | EMIS | September 2003 – April 2016
- Up to April 2016 the above roles were all carried out whilst on a secondment from EMIS to GMSS. From April 2016 the roles have been carried out as GM Computer Services. The role at EMIS included on site and remote support of Server and Desktops. Domain migration and installation along with Group Policy management. Software support and Hardware break fix. On a non-technical level I also trained junior engineers and contractors, managed small teams and provided support to other Network Consultants within the team.
Systems Test Analyst | EDS | April 2003 – September 2003
- Testing new solutions in a Dev environment before being passed to be implemented. Documenting any changes needed to the provided solutions.
3rd Line Support Engineer | Fujitsu | September 2002 – April 2003
- Supporting the server infrastructure for HMRC. This included backups, system downs, audits and general housekeeping tasks.
Infrastructure Deployment Engineer | ICL / Fujitsu | August 1999 – September 2002
- Deploying the server infrastructure for several MOD contracts including HMRC, Department of Trade and Industry and Magistrate Courts.